6/10/12

PINK PANACHE Featuring Designer Chloe Amutio










Featuring: Dress and Ring designed and made by Chloe Amutio, Gold and Lilac-Stone Necklace by BECK pulled from YaYa Publicity

For PINK PANACHE, I collaborated with a dashing young woman that I just met, whose designs blew me away the minute I saw them.

Enter: Chloe Amutio
Fashion designer Chloé Amutio was born in Guadalajara, Mexico, yet, throughout the course of her life, the 23-year-old has also lived in the United States (NY), France (Paris), and Argentina (Buenos Aires). After completing her high school education at an international school in the Mexican beach town of Puerto Vallarta, Chloé set her sights on New York. In 2011.She enrolled at the prestigious Parsons The New School for Design, where she completed a semester before taking a leave of absence and moving to Mexico City.

“There’s just so much school can teach you,” Chloé says on her departure, “I strongly believe that design really comes from within—it’s just something very personal.”

 Once back in Mexico, Chloé heeded her growing desire to take charge of her career and began work on her first collection. Although the completed collection will not début untill September, I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with Amutio through my photo shoot and blog post shot here in New York. Not only is Chloe starting her own chic clothing line, but she always designs beautiful jewelry as a hobbie as well.

Much like the ancient Greek sculptors who believed that statues lay dormant within uncarved rock, Chloé believes that her designs await discovery in the very fabrics that she works. It is an original approach; thus far, it has only yielded original results. I see true passion and potential within her spirit and designs, and I am so excited and proud to be apart of her journey!

Stay tuned for more of my collaboration posts feauturing the youthful yet sexy designs by Chloe Amutio.

Shot by Cesar Soto
Photos edited by me

1 comment:

  1. Love the necklace. The pieces from Beck are truly exceptional.

    ReplyDelete