6/10/13

THE FORECAST: Queen of Coney Island; Ode to Summer 2013




Heels courtesy of Nine West // Shorts by Jennifer Lopez via Kohls // Cropped top by Bar III via Macy's // Fedora by Target // Bracelets by Charming Charlie // Lucite Sunglasses courtesy of Kurt Geiger 

       Summer is finally here, and it is finally the time to add freedom into our hearts and wardrobes! What are you craving this summer? Aside from creating whimsical amusement park memories that felt like they could have been straight out of my summer books, I am craving the vagabond, exotic side of my self, which can only be exuded through colorful tropical prints on trouser shorts, and this season's most sought after cropped tops and colorful heels, vicariously dressing me for a passport to travel the world... Inspired by runway looks in order from top, Calvin Klein, BCBG, Christian Dior, Chanel and Sachin + Babi, as well as 1940s & 50s swimsuits trends.

       With 100 degree heat that creeps into New York City, it always allows room for escape; to Coney Island, new cities and places, and new street corners of our style. To put an extra hop and a skip into my Coney Island adventure, which happened to be one of the top things on my summer adventures list, I added these beautiful poppy-pink heels from Nine West, perfect for taking a new risk into my undiscovered vagabond-self.

      Whatever you crave, be sure to live it and wear it in your everyday lives! I am certainly allowing my summer plans and careers to cross-coordinate to ensure a summer filled with new people, places, experiences and trends.

 My Summer 2013 Adventures List:
-Coney Island
-Nice, France
-The Hamptons

Photography by Nia Schindle



3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures - So vibrant and fun, the very personification of Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get enough of this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete